Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 51 - Walker Pass - mile 651.4

Very hot but a nice breeze today.  I was very excited to get to Walker Pass and see my parents. 
The morning's walk was hot and waterless until we finally reached the spring and cabin.  Lots of obsidian flakes in the area showed the use of the area by the native americans.
The cabin was rustic and unfortunately every square inch had somebody's signature.  Why people need to sign buildings or bathrooms is beyond me.
We could see Walker Pass way before the trail took us down there.  When we got to the campground we found a trail angel named Okie Girl.  While drinking a cold beer, I saw my parents miss the turn and continue up to the pass.  Eventually they turned around and we met up soon after.  Hugs, smiles and stories were soon exchanged. 
Spent the night at the KOA in an RV site.  Michigan Wolverine joined us.  

Bouncer

No comments:

Post a Comment