Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 1 - Mexican border

Got up at 5:00 and caught a ride to the border.  The rain was gone and it was a beautiful morning.  I took a break before mile 1 just to let the actual start of the hike sink in and have breakfast.  I was joined by Steady from Texas. 
At 7:30 I called my brother and walked and talked my way up the trail.
Had 20 miles to do to get back to the campground so I put on some music and started rolling down the trail.  I passed Bill and Staci from Etna and talked a while.
At Hauser Creek I met Not a Chance, Croatian, 12 ounce and one other thru.  I took off up the hill and was soon passed by GQ who I hiked the last remaining miles with.  He shared some wonderful stories.
Found a backpack in my tent when I got back so I knew Russ was there.
Attended the movie showing and reading before going to bed.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment