Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 19 - Mission Creek - mile 226.2

Rose early to another sunny day. Talked to the 4 guys and Neon and On A Move.  After a quick breakfast of pop tarts and two cups of coffee I was moving myself.
The trail kept climbing and I was served a healthy dose of switchbacks.  For the third day the trail continued its climb from its lowest point in Ca at 1195' to 8000'.  At least it was cooler at the higher altitude.
After reaching Mission Creek trail camp the terrain eased.  My stride quickened.  I made good time until making a nice camp in a saddle.
Everyone who passed by talking about going into Big Bear.  The town stops are definitely one of my favorite parts of the trip so far.
For those that were concerned about my well being the last few days (mom and dad), I'm doing fine and my uphill strength has returned.  Thanks!

Bouncer

No comments:

Post a Comment